My Passions

What is passion?  “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you” (Oprah Winfrey).  Throughout people’s lives they struggle to find a passion that constantly excites them.  As I sit here and try to pinpoint what my passion is, I struggle because there are many.  I have come to realize that my biggest passion is cooking, preferably baking.  Anytime I am stressed or feeling down on myself I get in the kitchen and just start cooking.  Engulfing myself in the aromas of my kitchen brings up my spirits and makes me eager to try the end result of my hard work.  Another passion I have is traveling.  I began taking one large vacation a year about five years ago.  Every destination I’ve visited has showed me different cultures and created lifelong memories for me.  Another passion I have recently discovered is reading.  I was never an avid reader while I was in grade school or even throughout my undergrad in college.  About four years ago a friend of mine insisted I read a book she was reading; she promised I would love it.  I took her advice and finished the 700 page book in 3 days!  After that experience I was hooked on reading.  I chose stories that allowed me to use my imagination and travel into my own world.  Without these passions I don’t think my life would be complete.  They provide my life with excitement and happiness which are things I hope I never lose.

1 Response to My Passions

1. vpollera100 says:

It was the third book in the Twilight series. I’m not a big fan of all of that vampire stuff but I liked the fact I was easily able to use my imagine while reading it. The following week I finished the fourth, and final, book of the series.